Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last Night's Victory Ceremony

I had the opportunity to attend last night's victory ceremony for all the athletes who earned the gold, silver, and bronze medals. Although Canada didn't win a medal this time, it was still quite interesting to watch China's Zhou Yang take the gold for the women's 1500m, and South Korea's Lee Jung-Su take the gold for the men's 1000m. Congratulations on your great achievements!


It was a real treat for me to be at the consert put on by Trooper and then Loverboy!! That was a blast from the past!! I'm still smiling!!! And for those of you who weren't even born in the '80's, this is how the electric guitar was meant to be played! If you download "Turn Me Loose" and "Everybody's Working for the Weekend", by Loverboy, I'm sure you'll find your toes tapping just a little! ; ) Please don't forget to pay for the songs with your i tunes card...

Here are some photos to prove that I was there!






Tina with 2 RCMP officers...Nice Boots!


Men's and Women's Short Track Speed Skating Medals




Atif (Montreal), Karen (Kenora), and I



Trooper and Loverboy Consert!!
Trooper...





Loverboy...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina

    I am so happy for you and all of the opportunities you are getting to have. I just got your blog address yesterday. You made the New Hamburg Independant. We must plan a girls night like we had for your birthday so you can tell us all of you stories. I have thought of you so often and everytime someone wins a gold medal we wonder if you serve them a big mac before they competed (lol). Just continued blessings and favour on you!!!!!!! With love, Lisa Sattler

    ReplyDelete