Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ziplining At Grouse Mountain

If you would have told me a few months ago that I would be ziplining at Grouse Mountain, I would have told you that you were crazy.  Even though I am terrified of heights, I mean even going on a 4 foot step ladder gives me the willies, I decided I needed to face the fear and go ziplining while in Vancouver!  Yes, McDonald's paid for this event as well!  Thank you, McDonald's!  I'll never forget this incredible experience!!
Grouse Mountain has many enjoyable activities available to the public.  Things like, snow shoeing, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating on an outdoor pond, ziplinging, and many other events.  It truly is the place for anyone who would like some adventure!
Here are a few pictures.  Enjoy!






Ready to "Do the Grouse!"
Eli, our fearless leader, thanks, Eli!
Thank you to our guides, Joel and Mandy, pictured on far right of group.
  You did an awesome job of keeping it fun and safe!


This is how it looks at the bottom...


This is how it looks at the top!



Putting on a "brave face"
Feelin' just a little nervous...



Oh, my goodness!!!!!
I can't believe I'm doing this!  Is it too late to change my mind?



Yup!



  Woo-Hooooo!!!!



What a RUSH!  Can we go again?



Breath taking beauty!
That's a zipline in the sky!  And yes, I was on it!!


Yeah, we ziplined over this icy mountain lake!
Wanna race!?!



Our brave ziplining group
I'm so proud of all of us for trying this!


Ziplining accomplished...Next on the bucket list,
SKYDIVING!!!



Scenery on the way down on the "Skyride Tram"



WOW!



A special treat on the city bus ride home from the mountain...
We didn't know we would get serenaded!
Special rendition of "Stand by Me"



He was very passionate about his music!  ;  )
now singing "You are So Beautiful to Me"



He liked Val and the other ladies and pointed to us when he sang the chorus.


Not Eli though...  :  )

Way too much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment